The Antonov An-225 Mriya is a heavy-lift transport. It was designed to carry piggy-back loads which are too big to fit into its fuselage. For example, the Buran Space Shuttle. Mriya means dream. It is the world's largest aircraft in the world. It was derived from the An-124. The An-225 uses 6 engines, whereas, the An-124 has 4 engines.
The An-225 first flew on 21 December, 1988. Only one An-225 was built, however, a second plane may be built
- Type: Heavy Transport
- Powerplants: Six ZMKB Progress Lotarev D-18T turbofans with 229.50kN of thrust each
- Max take-Off Weight: 600,000kg
- Max Payload (internal or external): 250,000kg - 275, 000kg?
- Wingspan: 88.4mLength: 84mSpeed: 800km/h
- Height: 18.1mCargo Hold: Length: 35.97m;
- Width: 6.4m; Height: 4.39m
- Range with Max Payload: 4,500km
- Range with Max Fuel: 15,400kmCrew: 7